Arizona’s water supply is notoriously “hard,” meaning there are high concentrations of minerals in the water that will leave deposits on everything water touches including plumbing, appliances, clothing, dishes, and even your hair and skin. Because of this, many homeowners seeking a solution to the damaging and irritating effects of hard water turn to water softeners. Professionally-installed water softeners improve your home’s water quality, providing a number of advantages. Below, we take a look at 3 major benefits of installing a residential water softener.
3 Benefits of a Residential Water Softener
- Improved Plumbing and Appliance Efficiency
- A water softener prevents calcium and mineral deposits from building up on plumbing and appliances. In doing so, water softeners slow deterioration and improve plumbing and appliance efficiency. Mineral deposits not only clog pipes and expedite deterioration, but it also leaves unsightly deposits that just look gross and tarnish finishes. By installing a water softener, you will save money by preventing costly damage that necessitates repairs and replacements sooner than would otherwise be needed.
- Healthier Skin & Hair
- When a water softener is installed, it improves the quality of water throughout your home, including your shower and bathroom faucets. Hard water leaves mineral deposits on your skin which are harsh and tend to dry things out. A water softener improves the quality of water so that mineral deposits are dramatically reduced, allowing your hair and skin to look and feel much healthier.
- Brighter & Softer Clothes
- Hard water deposits on clothing leave your clothes feeling rough and unpleasant. And, those mineral deposits make your clothes look worn out and faded, even if they are relatively new. A water softener will protect the lifespan of your clothes, maximizing the investment you have made in your clothing by keeping the fabric softer and brighter. You will look and feel your best in clothes that look good and are soft to the touch.